Author Topic: Isaac Lipman b. ca. 1735, Germany/Poland  (Read 386 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Isaac Lipman b. ca. 1735, Germany/Poland
« on: Wednesday 26 July 17 07:27 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Isaac is one of my ancestors. I don't know when he emigrated for England, nor where exactly he came from. Would anyone know of any records that would show an emigration before 1759.

Thanks,

Adam McGregor
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Lipman b. ca. 1735, Germany/Poland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 08:28 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Isaac is one of my ancestors. I don't know when he emigrated for England, nor where exactly he came from. Would anyone know of any records that would show an emigration before 1759.

Thanks,

Adam McGregor
Hiya Adam - do you have his birth year ?
ADDED Did he die in Shoreditch ,London in 1843?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 08:32 BST (UK) »
Quite a few on www.geneanet.org - do you know his wifes name ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 09:20 BST (UK) »
His wife was Frances Moses Gomport. She was English-born. He died in London, though I think 1843 is probably a bit late. His son Michael died in 1848. They had two other sons, Philip and Mordecai. Isaac is referred to as Isaac Partir on his son's 1798 wedding record.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart