Author Topic: John Cartwright born 1790, Caunton  (Read 1755 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Cartwright born 1796, Caunton
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:01 BST (UK) »
This certainly sheds some light onto it larkspur, thanks. I'm going to look again at census records to reaffirm John's date of birth.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hello,

John's parents were John and Mary, though I know nothing of them. He married Mary Hallam (b. 1793, Norwell), in 1812, in Norwell. I'd appreciate any information on John's parents.

How do you know John's parents were John and Mary?
1841 census has John's birth as 1787-1791 and 1861 has birth as 1785!!

The only one I can find in Caunton is John Cartwright son of William and Elizabeth born 9 Oct 1790 christened 10 Oct 1790

William and Elizabeth and 14 children in total.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:28 BST (UK) »
That must be him then. My mistake. Have you got anything on William and Elizabeth Cartwright?
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just working on them can tell that 2 of their children died young.
Elizabeth wife of William died 1 Jan 1811 buried 13  Jan 1811 no aged down and William was 27 Jan 1845 aged 88yrs making him born abt 1756

Did you what the list of all their children.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Cartwright born 1790, Caunton
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:43 BST (UK) »
No, thank you. Thanks for the information. I'll input it all now.

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:53 BST (UK) »
William Cartwright and Elizabeth Bloom married 12 Dec 1785 at Caunton.

My disc's are old one's maybe Larkspur has more up to date one's and will be able to find their births otherwise I'll have a look next time I'm in the archives.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to look for any time.

All the best

NG

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much nottsgirl1. You've helped a lot.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:36 BST (UK) »
Already gave a raft of dates on reply no 8.  8)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks. That gives me a whole load of relatives.