Author Topic: Unwins of Newcastle  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: Unwins of Newcastle
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 22:27 BST (UK) »
An amateur for nine years  ;D although I'm usually found hanging out as part of the furniture in the chatroom :)

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 22:45 BST (UK) »
An amateur for nine years  ;D although I'm usually found hanging out as part of the furniture in the chatroom :)

You know what your talking about, how far back have you got with your family tree?

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 23:00 BST (UK) »
Most of them start dwindling in the 1700s, mainly due to lack of evidence. The vast majority of my tree comprises of very common surnames. My URWIN line goes back to a marriage in 1783 and that's where it has ended for some time now. A few lines have had better luck. At the moment my main mission is to revisit everything and properly solidify my research with as much supporting evidence as possible.

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 23:06 BST (UK) »
Most of them start dwindling in the 1700s, mainly due to lack of evidence. The vast majority of my tree comprises of very common surnames. My URWIN line goes back to a marriage in 1783 and that's where it has ended for some time now. A few lines have had better luck. At the moment my main mission is to revisit everything and properly solidify my research with as much supporting evidence as possible.

I have got back to 1690 on the Robson side which has taken me a long time to get to.