Author Topic: John born 1840 Repost  (Read 1891 times)

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John born 1840 Repost
« on: Wednesday 26 July 17 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hello All
Every so often I repost this to see if any new info has emerged.

John Robson was born around 1840 probably in Hetton Le Hole Co Durham as he aged 1 on the 1841 Census at Hetton.
His parents appear to be John Robson born 1805 and Eleanor Urwin born 1809 at Byker.

John was the 6th child born to this family and the only one that was not baptised and not Registered at birth after 1837, it is a mystery I have being trying to solve for a very long time.
John is in my direct line and with out proof of a baptism or birth registration I can never prove his parents were as stated.

Many thanks
Allan Robson.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: John born 1840 Repost
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hello All
Every so often I repost this to see if any new info has emerged.

Any chance of you posting the links to the previous posts so we know what has already been looked at  :-\

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 11:13 BST (UK) »
If you type in John Robson born 1840 by ADR68 in searches you see all the previous postings.
Thanks
Allan

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 14:32 BST (UK) »
If no Birth/Reg or Baptism can be found for John 1840 I presume his M/C has his his Father as John, with the right Occp?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 14:45 BST (UK) »
This is the previous thread on this (assume it is the only one and the John Robson died 1865 does not add to this)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=766439.msg6184420#msg6184420

Just a thought, do you have a direct male line descent from John as if you did you could consider a YDNA test with someone who is a direct male line descendant of the reputed father (if you can find one).
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 16:49 BST (UK) »
If no Birth/Reg or Baptism can be found for John 1840 I presume his M/C has his his Father as John, with the right Occp?

Hi Trish, his m/c says his father was a joiner, but on the 1851 Census his father was a Engine Wright, maybe his father was a Jack of all trades?

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 16:51 BST (UK) »
This is the previous thread on this (assume it is the only one and the John Robson died 1865 does not add to this)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=766439.msg6184420#msg6184420

Just a thought, do you have a direct male line descent from John as if you did you could consider a YDNA test with someone who is a direct male line descendant of the reputed father (if you can find one).

Yes a DNA maybe the way forward, thanks for your interest.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 27 July 17 15:02 BST (UK) »
Yes it is possible he had more than I skill. Usually in those days a Engine Wright has a background as a Smith, eg blacksmith/wheelright/farrer etc or someone who made tools with steel.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 27 July 17 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish thanks for your reply,  I think as you say he was a man of many trades.