Author Topic: Issues with Ancestry.co.uk?  (Read 3316 times)

Online PrawnCocktail

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Ancestry.co.uk?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 12:01 BST (UK) »
Mine seems to be OK again now - it's been reported as clear on Facebook, had to clear cache and cookies to get it back to normal.

The banner - are you running Adblocker? If so, try disabling it fr the page you're on , reload the page, click the x on the end of the banner to accept cookies, browse to another page on Ancestry, and then re-enable it
Website: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~towcesterfamilies/genealogy/
Towcester - anything, any time
Cheshire - Lambert, Houghland, Birtwisle
Liverpool - Platt, Cunningham, Ditton
London - Notley, Elsom, Billett
Oxfordshire - Hitchcock, Smith, Leonard, Taunt
Durham - Hepburn, Eltringham
Berwickshire - Guthrie, Crawford
Somerset - Taylor (Bath)
Gloucestershire - Verrinder, Colborn
Dorset - Westlake

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
I've manually removed the Ancestry cookies and cleared temp files but still getting same problem in IE but with all of the top page links forcing to the .com website.  On Firefox I'd been getting the "new" Ancestry homepage minus quick links for some time but cleared cookies etc and that has now reverted to the "old" homepage with quick links but every page I visit I get the cookies message.

I really don't want to have to clear all cookies from within IE 'cos it causes issues with some other webpages but looks like I'm going to have to. :-X  It should really be OK but just removing the Ancestry cookies. ::)
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 12:21 BST (UK) »
Well I've reluctantly removed cookies which has reverted the site back to what it should be.  I do still have quick links but I still suspect they've been up to something to roll out the "new" homepage minus them and then aborted it.  Only time will tell. :-X

Now to fix the issues deleting cookies does with other websites.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
In my quick links box, it is saying that the feature is unavailable due to maintenance........ I guess whatever maintenance they are doing may affect the rest of the site too in different ways.

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
A lot of us have had problems over the last few days.
No search box on the UK census page for me. Just the try reloading page link.
Did all the stuff, changed browser, deleted history etc. Finally did a system restore. No change. following day all OK.
Stick with it.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 12:40 BST (UK) »
I've had problems with the revise search "box" disappearing on results pages intermittently.  Had to keep going back a page to amend the criteria for a revised search.  Didn't happen all the time even searching on a specific collection through Quick Links.  Be interesting to see if clearing cookies has resolved this.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 13:01 BST (UK) »
Yes me too - its really messy at the moment, as if they are changing things ready to be 'phone' friendly rather than PC

ho hum....

for the times they are a changing... and I HATE change :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 13:07 BST (UK) »
So.... I just went into it again and it came as    .com 
so I went into the Search bar and just changed it to      .co.uk  left the rest as it was and its fine

no telling how long for...

eeee by gum

xin

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 27 July 17 08:24 BST (UK) »
Me too - co.uk kept changing to .com and page not being secure!
McMullen, Gleave, Kelly, Scholes, Mather, Phillips, Lock