Author Topic: Please Help Restore and Clean Up this Old Photo of Teresa Dacar  (Read 445 times)

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help Restore and Clean Up this Old Photo of Teresa Dacar
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 July 17 10:17 BST (UK) »
My try. Cheers, Peter.
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Trishanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 July 17 10:22 BST (UK) »
Wiggy, I couldn't see anything in the reflection either, which is why I decided to remove it. I wasn't too sure though, so I'm glad you and Gadget agree with me,
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online loord74

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 July 17 10:40 BST (UK) »
Interesting Pat . . . .  I too thought the mark on her head was a tear.     :-\ :-\

Odd that there is no sign of it in the reflection . . .  you'd reckon there would be even a small bit showing above her hair wouldn't you.   :-\  :-\

Wiggy   :)

Agree...later i discovered it wasn't a hat

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 July 17 12:45 BST (UK) »
Pat, Wiggy, Gadget and loord - you talked me into it. Capless:
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline rdiienno1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 27 July 17 12:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you all so much.  You are all awesome and I love every one of the photos.  I believe someone mentioned that she looks like she could be on stage or something.  I agree, but no, she is simply an aunt who was posing for a photo. 

Thanks again everyone.  You're the best!

Ron

Online MartynS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 27 July 17 16:55 BST (UK) »
A creative try from me, imaging Teresa some kind of movie star  - so added an filmstrip border and splash of colour. And black and white
Restorers : Please do not use my restorations without asking my permission first. Thanks.

Good quality size scans will mean much better restores >> hint hint :-)