Author Topic: Eliza Cooke (Nee Ward)  (Read 595 times)

Offline Maggie Speak

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliza Cooke (Nee Ward)
« on: Thursday 27 July 17 09:24 BST (UK) »
Hello rootschatterers,

I'm looking for information on the death of Eliza Cooke (nee Ward) who died in December 1993 registered Blackpool and Fylde.  She was married to Arthur Cooke in 1944 and previously to Charles Brown Filshie in 1936.

I'm yet to find a death notice for her or where she was buried/cremated. Any information would be greatly received.  ;D Many thanks Maggie

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Cooke (Nee Ward)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 July 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
The Blackpool & Fylde RD covered many areas.  Where was she living at the time of her death?

There is a Cemetary & Crematorium at Carleton in Blackpool and also at Lytham St Annes.  You could try ringing them

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/blackpool%20and%20fylde.html

Depending on how late in December she died - her funeral may have been January 1994
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Maggie Speak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 July 17 01:28 BST (UK) »
The Blackpool & Fylde RD covered many areas.  Where was she living at the time of her death?

There is a Cemetary & Crematorium at Carleton in Blackpool and also at Lytham St Annes.  You could try ringing them

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/blackpool%20and%20fylde.html

Depending on how late in December she died - her funeral may have been January 1994

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm not sure where she lived. Is there an online search available of electoral rolls of the 1990's?

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 July 17 01:38 BST (UK) »
No- they only start from 2002 online.  You may have some success ringing the respective cemeteries.  I have contacted both in the past and found them very helpful
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Maggie Speak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 July 17 02:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help Carole, much appreciated! I'm in Australia so it's a bit of a stretch to call. But I'm sure they'll have an email address.