Author Topic: 1939 register enumeration codes.  (Read 1205 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1939 register enumeration codes.
« on: Friday 28 July 17 01:37 BST (UK) »
Hi all
 Having been frustrated by not being able to find 4 streets that were built by 1910! I eventually tracked them down  - indexed under the wrong district . At the top of the page of it has the enumeration district code of FHDO. I'd already looked at the enumeration lists to try to find my streets but I can't see an FHDO on there. Can someone please advise what I'm missing in understanding. Though I'm pleased I found my streets !
Thanks
North East of England

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 register enumeration codes.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 July 17 08:38 BST (UK) »
As I understand things, each 4/5 letter Enumeration District Alpha Code relates to approx. 300m addresses.

FHDO relates to Piece No. 2843B in Darlington.
Others in Darlington were FHDN to FHDS.

You can download a spreadsheet from here (click on "England & Wales"):
http://www.oneplacestudy.org/blog/?p=874
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 register enumeration codes.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 July 17 23:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much KG
North East of England