Author Topic: Barbados and Jamaica - George James Landells of Burke & Wills infamy  (Read 4570 times)

Offline westernwombat

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barbados and Jamaica - George James Landells of Burke & Wills infamy
« Reply #36 on: Monday 31 July 17 04:41 BST (UK) »
Here is a link to the pdf
http://www.ndfhs.org/pdfs/Vol-7-No-4.pdf 
The Journal of the Northunberland & Durham Family History Society, Vol 7,  No. 4, September 1982,  pp 94-5. 

1982 - that's before family history became such a popular hobby, and long before the internet  ::)  ::)  :)
JM

A fellow Landells researcher - actually, my 4th cousin, directly related to Rev WB Landells - spent some time with Daphne Eades-Campbell in 1980, when investigating the NZ Landells close to Rev WB Landells. I correspond with Gary, and along with several others in Australia with links to that family.
Apart from some very specific 'unknowns', I am happy enough (as an amateur genealogy researcher) with most of that part of the Landells - at present.
As far as we collectively can show, James Landells (1778-1849) had 3 wives and we have 'pencilled in' another, unknown and her conjectural son 'George', but it seems that James' parents were Adam Landells (1740-1818) and Alison Alice SCOTT (1734-1814) - I have not enquired at all about a wife Evrace SCOTT for their son James. James was - we believe - one of 4 males and 2 females. 
His marriages: Ann, about 1800; Jane Burn (14 Jun 1810), Mary Wann (29 Jun 1825) all in Northumberland.
Rev WB Landells was the son of James and Jane Burn. Annotations in family bibles gave an indication some decades ago (unfortunately, I have only the hand-written transcriptions done by my aunt, around 1960). WB Landells had sisters Jane and Mary Ann, brother Adam.

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
Re: Barbados and Jamaica - George James Landells of Burke & Wills infamy
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 06 August 17 01:41 BST (UK) »
westernwombat

My cousin is a Geelong Landells descendant.  I'll ask her if she knows anything.

Regards, bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England