Author Topic: Scotlands People  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Scotlands People
« on: Monday 31 July 17 06:05 BST (UK) »
I have used 6 credits to view a marriage entry on SP, yet when I go to view, it has a cover page and tells me that it will be another 6 credits to view the next page.

There are 88 pages, so am I expected to use 6 credits for every page? What if my marriage is on page 88? That would be a very expensive viewing for the entry, yes?

JARDINE JOSEPH JANET KER/FRMRV69-1P1 16/11/1792  851/  10 0 Tundergarth

16/11/1792 JARDINE, JOSEPH (Old Parish Registers Marriages 851/ 10 0 Tundergarth) Page 0 of 88

I can't recall ever having this problem before. Am I doing something wrong?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scotlands People
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 July 17 07:18 BST (UK) »
I've never had this happen to me. I have only ever viewed the page where the entry is.

One of the Scottish experts may know of a way around this, but it might be worth you contacting SP. It could be a problem their end. They are usually very helpful. :)

Good luck.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 July 17 07:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Ruskie, I have sent them an email via their site 'report and issue'.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 July 17 07:28 BST (UK) »
Out curiosity can you please pop back and let us know what they say? I'm not too experienced with Scottish research, though I do read a lot of threads, but I can't recall anyone else mentioning this, and it might be handy to know the outcome.  :)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 31 July 17 07:29 BST (UK) »
Absolutely, I shall.  ;D

Jamjar

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 31 July 17 08:54 BST (UK) »
I've occasionally had the wrong page showing - though not a cover page. It's because the link in the index to the image is wrong. In my experience, they are very helpful and apologetic and send the correct image via e-mail or, if the image is missing, most likely you will be refunded your credits.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 31 July 17 09:36 BST (UK) »
Jamjar, are you aware of this web site http://www.bayanne.info/Shetland/ ?

If not, do have a look at it. It just might contain something on your Joseph Jardine and Janet Kerr.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 31 July 17 09:44 BST (UK) »
I have fingers crossed, Gadget.

My Jardine were from Dumfries, Forfarian.

I have everything on them and I thought that I had their marriage details, but I can't find them on the computer.

Jamjar

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 31 July 17 09:52 BST (UK) »
Ah, OK, I thought I had seen something there about Joseph Jardine. Obviously mistaken - couldn't be further from Tunderfarth if they tried :)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.