Author Topic: Benjamin Heath 1756 Broad Hinton/Lydiard Tregoze  (Read 1144 times)

Offline edencars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Benjamin Heath 1756 Broad Hinton/Lydiard Tregoze
« on: Tuesday 01 August 17 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, would AKS have a look for me, trying to find Birth place/Parents/Siblings of Benjamin Heath, He married Mary Newth/Nuwth in Broad Hinton in 1781 and passed away in the same town in 1823 on his marriage cert it says he's from Lydiard Tregoze (just up the road) but cant find any other Heath's there

Thank you

Chris Heath
Heath Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire/Berkshire

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Heath 1756 Broad Hinton/Lydiard Tregoze
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 23:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris.
In the transcripts I have for Wilts parishes, there doesn't appear to be any record of his baptism. I did find a burial for a Benjamin Heath in Little Hinton for 1758 (could be a father or g/father) and a bapt. in 1790 in Broad Hinton presumably a son, and a burial for Mary Heath in 1828 also B.H aged 68.

This doesn't help in finding Benjamin's bapt..  but in actual fact they married in Wootton Bassett not Broad Hinton. I've just looked at the original parish register to confirm it.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline edencars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 09:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, There are loads of Heath's in and around B-Hinton think I'm going to look further afield like Berks as there are Heath going back further and It's kind of on the boarders with Wiltshire, Thanks again
Chris

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

There is this baptism 1-4-1753 s/o Robert & Sarah,  in West Ilsley, Berks. Its a nice fit age-wise;

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01khn/

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline edencars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 11:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks but I can cross that one off the list as he died the same day.... 

There's a bit of a story to this, I have a Benjamin Heath b1755 in east Hendred Berks... who is my 7 x G-Grandfathers brother when I joined ancestry i noticed he was in about ten other peoples family trees and him having a family and loads of kids being born in East Hendred, and Married in Broad Hinton and being buried there as well
Unfortunately that wasn't true for two reasons, firstly because he's buried in a family grave in Ewelme South Oxfordshire formally Berkshire and secondly in his fathers will he asks his other son John to look after him for life as he was disabled in someway, I also know he lived with John in West Wycombe so that's the story but I've been sharing stuff with  a member who the Broad Hinton Benjamin is related to for a while and she is so upset I'm trying to kind of help her out a bit.

Many Thanks Chris