Author Topic: Jessie and Mary Gearing. I can't find any birth records, and i'm new to this.  (Read 7610 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jessie and Mary Gearing. I can't find any birth records, and i'm new to this.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
1881 census might be really useful if we could find them - they are well hidden  ::)

As John died in 1870, Jessie is not his and as Ann didn't marry until 1877, she is probably not Mr Thackeray's child either.

As the other two girls' registrations can't be found either, maybe Ann and John were not together then.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline summer days

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jessie and Mary Gearing. I can't find any birth records, and i'm new to this.
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hi  I started with a census showing My Gran as Jessie Gearing married to James Measures and it showed Mother-in-law as Ann Thackerrey.
I think Ann was Ann Witton? married Surname Charles Ashley, then John Thomas Gearing the James Thackerry.  Anns Daughter if her name is Jessie has no birth. On her wedding dad reads Henry. The post I found on the message board put about Mary, sister to Jessie. Mary dad died as was Jessie John Thomas Gearing child.
is this what this site is for?, because I only joined today in the hope of someone helping me.

you're all commenting, where do I click to reply to your comment, you've found more then I have in a year :) told you i'm new :) 

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 17:34 BST (UK) »
Just click on the reply button at the bottom of the last post in this thread. If you are looking to view Mary's baptism, if it was at St Giles Holborn as stated in the Ancestry post, it can be viewed at LMA and Jessie's might be there too.

Blue

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 18:12 BST (UK) »
There are indexed baptisms for St Giles Holborn on Family Search but I can't see a suitable baptism. I don't know if this is the same church  :-\

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 18:18 BST (UK) »
Emily Jane and Elizabeth Ann were baptised together in 1863 at Holy Trinity, Holborn.

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 18:21 BST (UK) »
The lady on Ancestry who passed away said, "... she was born in St Giles Holborn..." so that's why I thought she must have found a baptism for Mary at that church which can be accessed at London Metropolitan Archives:-

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/the-collections/Pages/st-giles-in-the-fields.aspx

https://search.lma.gov.uk/scripts/mwimain.dll/144/LMA_OPAC/web_detail/REFD+P82~2FGIS?SESSIONSEARCH

Blue

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 19:08 BST (UK) »
Emily Jane's marriage

13 May 1883 St John the Evangelist, Walworth

Emily Jane Gearing 19 yrs father written as William Woodley  :-\
Thomas Woodley 20 yrs father Andrew Woodley

Annie Gearing is a witness.

The address is East Street.

This will be 'Em' the sister of Mary. Thomas is a Bottler but his father is a Lighterman so that may be where the bargee comes from.

Elizabeth Ann married George Gunston Tyte in 1882, Paddington from her grandfather's address.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 19:17 BST (UK) »
...except the records for St Giles in the Fields have only 'recently' been deposited for safe-keeping at the LMA.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 19:25 BST (UK) »
"... Then I had to go to London to look at church records..."

Blue