Author Topic: Abraham Bancroft, 1913-1978, Stoke-on-Trent  (Read 3587 times)

Offline andrewbarcroft

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Abraham Bancroft, 1913-1978, Stoke-on-Trent
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 October 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
I went to Reginal Mitchell Primary School and 'Mr Bancroft' retired took us for Pottery. He made two busts of Regional Mitchell whilst we were making crappy ashtrays as 9 or 10 year olds. I was born in 65. Very strong memories of him teaching us pottery and his unbelievable skill in creating the two busts. One used to be in the Greenhouse where the Spitfire used to be in Hanley and I think it then moved to the Museum opposite. Simple red clay bust, amazing.
I now live in Darwin, Australia, long way from Stoke.

Offline huxleg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi kirstyf,

First of all let me apologise for not replying sooner.  Unfortunately, we had a close family bereavement in August which diverted my attention away from this subject.

The information you gave was very informative and I worked out that the Abraham I'm interested in would of been the nephew of Hudson Snr and the sister of Lilian Yates.  His father was William Thomas Bancroft and his mother was Sarah Price.  William Thomas was the brother of Hudson Snr and died while on active service in WWI.

It would appear that my Abraham did not attend the funeral of Elizabeth unlike his sister unless I've mistaken him for a different Abraham (I'll reread it just to be sure  :))

Anyway, if you have any pictures that you may be willing to share of the Bancroft family with me I would be very interested in seeing them.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Greg

Offline huxleg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Oops - looks like he did attend he is listed under the nephews section - my mistake.

Offline Lj18

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 May 19 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Huxleg

Did you have any joy finding any information/photos of the Bancroft family?

Whilst on our family holiday we got talking about Abraham and when I googled him, your post came up.

He was my Grandads uncle but unfortunately we don’t know a great deal about him.

Kind Regards