Author Topic: George & Margaret Beattie  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Paulfinn7979

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George & Margaret Beattie
« on: Thursday 03 August 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hey I'm trying to find out any information about my great grand parents. They lived in Newburgh or Kirkcaldy in fife as that's where my Gran was born in 1927. They had 4 children George, Clifford , Ruth (my grandmother) and Mary (Bud). I know that my great grandfather left my great grandmother with their children and lived in England.

Online josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George & Margaret Beattie
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 August 17 18:03 BST (UK) »
Do you have any certificates at all? Your gran's birth certificate should give the date/place of marriage and Margaret's maiden surname. You should only give your grans' name if she has died.

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk is the only site you can buy certificates from; although index searches are free you must buy credits to obtain the actual certificate. I can see 6 marriages for a George Beattie to a Margaret between 1910 & 1930.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Paulfinn7979

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 August 17 18:08 BST (UK) »
My gran passed away 15 years ago. Unfortunately I do not have any certificates. I know my great grandmothers mainden name was Kelly if that helps.

Online josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 August 17 18:12 BST (UK) »
Then the marriage reference is
BEATTIE
GEORGE
KELLY
MARGARET
685/1 84
St Bernard
You will need to register with ScotlandsPeople & buy some credits to view the marriage certificate.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline Paulfinn7979

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 August 17 18:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help .

Online josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 August 17 18:19 BST (UK) »
Come back with any details from the marriage certificate when you have it as this will give their ages and their fathers' names &  occupations and thus should take you back to the censuses 1841 - 1911.  Witnesses names can be useful too.

Do you know George's birthdate or year of birth? this may help to find his death registration & thus where he was living in England. You should get his age [if he told the truth  ;)] from the marriage certificate.

When did George leave for England? If before 1939, you could try looking him up on the 1939 register on findmypast [sorry but no-one on rootschat can do this for you as it breaches findmypast terms & conditions].