Author Topic: Mr Herbert Laurie 1939  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Herbert Laurie 1939
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 06:58 BST (UK) »
John Gilbert Webster is the son of Alice, of 9 Bellevue Place,dressmaker, baptised 24th December 1893, born 8th September 1891.

On the 1901 as Gilbert Webster in the household of grandparents John and Alphea Webster, with Alice (Webster) and Charles Bursnoll etc

You can see him on the census here: https://www.myheritage.com/research/record-10156-95668450/horace-c-bursnall-in-1901-england-wales-census

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 07:21 BST (UK) »
I thought he was born out of wedlock. I found the census this afternoon. I now know he was Alice's son and would have taken the Bursnoll surname when his mother married.
I know the Bursnoll family were not related to Herbert Laurie. I have gone back another generation and come forward a generation and no link.
I now have to rule out the Webster and Hoyland families.
Herbert Laurie married Alice Maud Clayton so her family may link to the Bursnoll family.

Thank you for your time in helping me
Much appreciated
             Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 18:17 BST (UK) »
Is the only reason that you believe there is a link is because they were in the same grave plot?

This is a typical cemetery clause, I think:
'Grave Rights
The Exclusive Right of Burial is granted for a term of 80 years.  Each grave can be excavated to a maximum for 3 burials.'

She was buried in 1901, no-one from her family followed her, then rights were lost after xx years, and he was buried there.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 August 17 00:15 BST (UK) »
Yes That was why i was trying to make a Connection. After reading the last comment i will now give up the chase.
Thanks for all your help
                Carol

Ps will mark subject as completed.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.