Author Topic: re sarah ann shaw  (Read 1679 times)

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: re sarah ann shaw
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 August 17 10:36 BST (UK) »
This is AMAZING! Thank you so much. I have been searching virtually all day and have not come up with what you have in such a short time!
Thank you Solidrock for finding the parents as well as Sarah Ann's birthdate, as well as Sarah's parents, parents' marriage date, Sarah's older siblings, father's place of birth etc. I appreciate this so much.  :)
Thank you Chempat for also discovering and confirming Sarah's father's place of birth, Sarah's younger siblings and  for pointing out that her father was a boot maker not a book maker, so exciting to discover this! I now know what a cordwainer is!! Thank you also for finding Sarah's place and time of birth as well as finding her younger siblings in a census (when I couldn't!).  :)
Another big thank you too to Girl Guide for noticing that George was a boot maker (how important is the small detail!!) and for finding that important 1851 census.  :)
Thanks to you each of you wonderful people I can amend my family tree. This may now lead to some connection with the other family that I mentioned, the Nodins. So happy!!
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 04:04 BST (UK) »
This is 43, Southport Road today, it was probably all one house in 1901 - 1911. I don't think the  Nodin's were part of Sarah Ann's family, just that they lived in the same house as boarders, the term sisters I thing refers to each other and not Sarah Ann. These are only my thoughts, I may be wrong.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 07:01 BST (UK) »
On the 1901 census Sarah Ann is in schedule number 135, and the Nodins are at 136, so they are in different households.

Mary Ellen is not described as a sister in 1911, just as a boarder.

Added:
In 1911, 43 South Bank Road has 7 rooms. 
In 1901 the Aldreds are living in 4 rooms and the Nodins in 3 rooms of 43 Southbank Road.

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 August 17 04:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks you so much yet again, solidrock and chempat. This saves me hours upon hours of research, trying to locate "sisters" who weren't sisters! It just didn't seem to add up as I looked deep and couldn't find any connection between Sarah and these sisters! I will remove them from my tree! Thanks again so much. I only just saw that you had added this information. I have been offline for several weeks. Deb :) :)
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton