Author Topic: Browning Edward british soldier  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Browning Edward british soldier
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 August 17 18:50 BST (UK) »
Ballinderry is the address on (Margaret )the first child's birth, Margaret quite possibly had her at her parents home.
A Mary Horan Aunt was the informant in both the birth and death.

Sorry dathai just reading over the thread I see you already noted this, this is what happens when you do searches at work those pesky customers keep interrupting. :D

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 August 17 01:10 BST (UK) »
Edward Browning b c 1864. Enlisted Royal Irish rifles in 1884... Served till 1902. Father John. Wife Margaret Horan....married in 1889 in Mullingar,Westmeath.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 August 17 02:02 BST (UK) »
Edward Browning b c 1864. Enlisted Royal Irish rifles in 1884... Served till 1902. Father John. Wife Margaret Horan....married in 1889 in Mullingar,Westmeath.

Nice one,
The marriage doesn't seem to be registered but there is one marriage result for Edward Browning 1889 +/- 5 on RootsIreland which is a subscription site but does a 24 hour sub.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 07 August 17 02:09 BST (UK) »
They were married at -  Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (R.C.). Built in 1836, it was demolished in 1936 to make way for the new Christ the King Cathedral.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline margemcm59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 18 August 17 14:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone, I would like to thank you all individually but I don't know how, so much information to process, but I am very grateful for all your help. 
Thank you so much

Offline Mick_Dolan86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 18 August 17 15:21 BST (UK) »
Does the British Army overseas register include marriages?

Ireland wasn't overseas in the 1890s. I would think that a marriage would still have to be registered in the county in which it took place anyway.

Offline margemcm59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Drowning of Andrew Johnston
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 16:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, My uncle was drown as a child in the river Lagan in 1929. His name was Andrew Johnston.  I have newspaper clippings of the incident and photographs.  He lived in 42 Clyde Street Belfast.  I was wondering if anyone could find out who his father and family was or any information at all relating to the Johnston family from this address.  Thank you for all your help in the past, I  am very grateful.

kind regards