Author Topic: Marriage of John Fairweather to Elizabeth abt 1710-1720 Debenham area Suffolk  (Read 300 times)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm looking for a marriage between a John Fairweather/Fayrwether and Elizabeth (possibly Shuckleford/Shuckford etc) about 1710-1720 in or near Debenham, Suffolk.

I have, what I think is his baptism in 1686 in Debenham as (s/o John & Margarett)  and some of his children bapt. between 1718 & 1723 all in Debenham.
On Anc... there is a tree showing also a Margaret 1716 but I'm not sure if she is part of this family.

I have looked on FreeReg, Familysearch all without success and am hopeful someone can help.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of John Fairweather to Elizabeth abt 1710-1720 Debenham area Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 August 17 04:07 BST (UK) »
Can't see the marriage you want, but there is a baptism for Margaret FAIRWEATHER at Debenham on 20 Jan 1716/17 to parents John and Eleanor, though I can't see any other children baptised to this couple. It would seem an unlikely mistake/mistranscription, however I can't see any burials for an Eleanor FAIRWEATHER in the Debenham area that would fit. So I can see why someone made the assumption Margaret was part of your family, but I'm not 100% convinced.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of John Fairweather to Elizabeth abt 1710-1720 Debenham area Suffolk
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 August 17 08:29 BST (UK) »
Boyds Marriage Index has a John Fairweather marrying an Elizabeth Shuckford in Brome in 1701 no day or month given.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 August 17 11:06 BST (UK) »

Thank you both for your help.

Emoltom;  I can only assume that Boyds is taken from the BTs if they exist and is certainly earlier than I thought originally.

Where did you get the parish of Brome from? please.
Using the search facility on FindMyPast it only shows Suffolk

maddy52;  I had seen burials for   Eleanor (7-2-1777)  &  Elizabeth Fairweather (26-11-1762) in the burials index from the SuffolkFHS, so not sure which is which!!

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 August 17 12:34 BST (UK) »
Boyds Marriage Index is available on FindMyPast. Go into the A-Z record Sets and type in Boyd. That's where it says Brome

Emeltee
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 August 17 14:18 BST (UK) »

Thanks Emeltee - eventually got there.

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 August 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I thought I would let you all know that with the very kind help of the SFHS, they have provided
the date of marriage for the above couple being; 30-10-1701  in Brome, Suff.

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk