Author Topic: JONES and CAMPBELL of Caldwell County, Kentucky ca 1809-1880  (Read 438 times)

Offline glenysjr

• RootsChat Member
  • Koondrook-Barham Bridge over the Murray
    • View Profile
JONES and CAMPBELL of Caldwell County, Kentucky ca 1809-1880
« on: Monday 07 August 17 22:23 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to a history of Caldwell County, Kentucky covering the early pioneers of the county?
I am still searching for any information on Samuel JONES who came to Caldwell County from North Carolina and married his first wife in Caldwell Co. in 1809 (Rachel SMITH CANNON).  He married his second wife Tericy CAMPBELL in 1822 also in Caldwell and died between July and November 1850 place unknown but estate probated in Caldwell County in November 1850.  He appears on the 1850 census with wife Tericy and his children.  I know nothing of Tericy CAMPBELL other than she was born ca 1809 in Caldwell County and died before March 1870 place unknown but her estate was also probated in 1870 in Caldwell County.

Right now if I could find where in North Carolina Samuel JONES came from and anything about his parents, and his life in Caldwell County, as well as anything on Tericy CAMPBELL JONES, I would be very grateful.
Children of Samuel and Tericy are: (in case it is helpful)
George W., Hiram B., Orleana, Napoleon B., Mahala A., Nancy Ellen, Mildred M., Rachel Melvinah.

Thank you,
Glenys
Adams - Dorset, Wilts, Austl
Bridges -London, Kent, Austl
Alloway - Wiltshire, Cornwall, Devon, Austl
Petherick -Devon, Cornwall
Fasham - Kent, Australia
Paulin -Northumberland, Scotland, Australia
Trimmer - Hampshire, Austl
Russell - Kent, London, Austl
Harrison - Westmorland, Northumberland, London, Austl
Lewin - London, Surrey, Austl