Author Topic: john brophy - dublin born about 1839/1840  (Read 208 times)

Offline Doreen09

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
john brophy - dublin born about 1839/1840
« on: Tuesday 08 August 17 05:36 BST (UK) »
I am searching for my great grandfather's date of birth. His name is John Brophy, son of Martin Brophy and Mary Leonard, supposedly born in Dublin around end of 1830s.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: john brophy - dublin born about 1839/1840
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 12:01 BST (UK) »
This is very much a long chance - I found 4 children born to a Martin Brophy and Mary Leonard between 1843 and 1852 but in Laois not Dublin. However nothing for John  One of the siblings Judy Brophy   Date of Birth:   
        Date of Baptism:   17-Mar-1843
Address:   Coolkerry   Parish/District:   RATHDOWNEY
Denomination:   Roman Catholic
Father:   Martin Brophy   Mother:   Mary Leonard
Sponsor 1 /   Pat Brophy
Sponsor 2 /Mary Mahony
If you are not certain that Dublin was birthplace you could search the parish records in Laois. http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/1000 However there is a gap in baptisms between 1810 and 1839.
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.