Author Topic: John Irving  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Hindgill Farm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Irving
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 August 18 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hello cupcake,
                     I am John Irvine's (1783) great great grandson, and I was very pleased to see that someone had finally found his parents, something I and other Australian and New Zealand Irving Family researchers have been trying to find for decades, so it was very pleasing to see.

I was also very interested to read you had found the information at the library - I am very interested in knowing which library, and finding out if there is any other information on John's parents.

Can you please help me?

Thank You,

Richard Irving

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My G Grandfather - Robert Johnstone Moffat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 08:12 BST (UK) »
Hello cupcake,
                     I am John Irvine's (1783) great great grandson, and I was very pleased to see that someone had finally found his parents, something I and other Australian and New Zealand Irving Family researchers have been trying to find for decades, so it was very pleasing to see.

I was also very interested to read you had found the information at the library - I am very interested in knowing which library, and finding out if there is any other information on John's parents.

Can you please help me?

Thank You,

Richard Irving

Yes, it is the Ewart Library, Dumfries.

Call 01387 260285
Email libarchive@dumgal.gov.uk

Good luck with your research.

Moffat- Mein - Titterington - Kidman

Offline Hindgill Farm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hello cupcake,
                      thank you very much for the information, and for your good wishes for my research.

Rick Irving