Author Topic: Samuel morton  (Read 719 times)

Online Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel morton
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 February 18 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Marriage licences for the Diocese of Chester are on Find my Past. The free search indicates a number that would be of interest. To search go to Birth deaths and marriages and then search under Cheshire marriage bonds and allegations.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 February 18 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.

Are you a distant relative?

I am descended from catherine moreton who married william dodd wheelwright.  Daughter or sister of samuel holland moreton .

I havnt looked at my notes for some time.

Anyway catherines brother samuel moreton resurected the wapentec court and made and lost money over it.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bevo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 09 February 18 12:03 GMT (UK) »

The Lancashire Online Parish Clerks site has a baptism in Liverpool for a Catherine Morton, daughter of John (wheelwright) and Jane, 1824. Also James, Margaret, Jane and Thomas.

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 09 February 18 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Thats very useful information.

Thankyou