Author Topic: Ancestry DNA William Horatio Brown, Susannah Dubock.  (Read 814 times)

Offline ROSJAN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry DNA William Horatio Brown, Susannah Dubock.
« on: Wednesday 09 August 17 05:00 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had their DNA done on Ancestry from the family of William Horatio Brown and his wife Susannah Dubock. I had mine done together with my brother and grandson. We now have a paper trail that says we come down from William's son William Francis Dubock Brown, and a DNA result that doesn't link us to that brown or Dubock family. What it does seem to indicate is that there was an issue at grandparent level. All BDM records appear as normal, yet DNA links us to a possible 2nd cousin who we have been in touch with and that contact is looking very promising, she comes down through a totally different family by the name of Ryan, all lived in the same area at the right time. Anyone have any suggestions or had their DNA done that linked them to the Brown Dubock family.
Regards,
Rosjan.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry DNA William Horatio Brown, Susannah Dubock.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 05:21 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had their DNA done on Ancestry from the family of William Horatio Brown and his wife Susannah Dubock. I had mine done together with my brother and grandson. We now have a paper trail that says we come down from William's son William Francis Dubock Brown, and a DNA result that doesn't link us to that brown or Dubock family. What it does seem to indicate is that there was an issue at grandparent level. All BDM records appear as normal, yet DNA links us to a possible 2nd cousin who we have been in touch with and that contact is looking very promising, she comes down through a totally different family by the name of Ryan, all lived in the same area at the right time. Anyone have any suggestions or had their DNA done that linked them to the Brown Dubock family.
Regards,
Rosjan.

Here's a current thread with links to other threads that may be helpful to all who read this thread.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=776468.0

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.