Author Topic: Margaret Ann Bell, Station Hotel, Ebchester  (Read 363 times)

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Ann Bell, Station Hotel, Ebchester
« on: Thursday 10 August 17 00:15 BST (UK) »
Would anyone care to date this picture which I can narrow down a bit!  It has to be after 1902 but before 1948 when the pub burned down.  Many thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Ann Bell, Station Hotel, Ebchester
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 August 17 10:47 BST (UK) »
It looks 1920s.

Which is Mary Ann Bell - is it the one on the right?  I see you asked or info about her on another thread re Ebchester.

PS - if  possible, can you scan at the largest resolution - it might show up her ring finger. I note that you didn't know if she was married.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 August 17 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Gadget,

I have tried that!  I couldn't be sure if there is a ring there or not and I can't get a better resolution picture.  The person who sent me the picture said she was the one dressed in black.  I have been told that she was there in the early part of the century and that she might be the daughter or daughter in law of a previous landlord.  Another thinks it was just before the pub burned down making it 1948 but North Eastern Breweries merged with Vaux in 1927 so that sign would probably be gone soon after that.

Elliven

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 August 17 18:09 BST (UK) »
larger edition.

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 August 17 20:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks japeflakes,

Another brilliant job!  Now, if you could just tell me her maiden name, date and place of birth ...............!

Elliven