Author Topic: CWGC Appeal for relatives - August 2017  (Read 813 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
CWGC Appeal for relatives - August 2017
« on: Thursday 10 August 17 12:44 BST (UK) »
Commonwealth Graves Commission would like to make contact with any relatives - Pte Sydney Starr son of James and Elizabeth Starr of Ramsey Villa, Forty Hill Enfield.  Sydney was 18 years old. Laid to rest 19 October 1916 at Lavender Hill Cemetery with full military honours. A devoted son and loving brother.

http://www.ww1-yorkshires.org.uk/jpg-files/soldiers-photos/sydney-starr-01.jpg

Private Sydney Starr - 11 th Battalion Yorkshire Regiment -

Sydney baptised 11 June 1899 - James Edward Starr and Jane Elizabeth -  Enfield Jesus Chapel

Middlesex Enfield 1901

James E Starr   37 Coal dealer.
Jane E Starr   39
James E Starr   3
Sydney Starr   1

James Edward Starr (brother) 9 February 1898 passed away September 1975 - Enfield Greater London. 12 - 0438

James Edward Starr - 21 Bridgenhall Road Enfield - 13 August 1975 - Probate 30 June 1975 -

Sarah Jane Starr - 23 March 1989 - probate - 14 June 1989 - St Michaels Hospital Enfield -

Possible marriage for James E Starr - Sarah J Knight - Edmonton - 3 a 1282 - December 1922 -  London, England, Electoral Registers showing the couple.

Jane E Starr - James E Starr and Sarah J Starr at Bridgenhall address in 1945

Looking at the Edmonton births for Starr - Knight brings up 5 possibles - all daughters.
A Dorothy Starr appeared on the London Electoral Register with James and Sarah in 1946 - there is also a possible marriage September 1946 for Dorothy to Raymond J Matthews - Dorothy Matthews passed away 29 September 2010 - Enfield.  2 possible male Starr births - 1948 and 1950.
Constnce M Starr possible marriage to Ronald J Scales - March 1947 - Edmonton - Dorothy Scales 18 May 1927 passed away January 2005 - Enfield Middlesex. A couple of female births in December 1947 and September 1952 which would match this couple.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CWGC Appeal for relatives - August 2017
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 August 17 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra...I looked on Ancestry to see if there was a matching family tree but no joy  :-\ Perhaps adding his name to the subject line might help if anyone else is researching that family line.
This will bring it back up the board anyway.
Keep up the good work  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Brenda Lee (Nee Starr)

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CWGC Appeal for relatives - August 2017
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 November 20 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sandra - My name is Brenda Lee (Nee Starr). Sydney Starr was my dad’s brother (my uncle) and I am the youngest of six daughters. Looking at your post re Sydney Starr, there are some anomalies I can clarify. Firstly, the cause of his death was an inoculation against Yellow Fever during basic training and his regiment was the Northumberland Fusiliers (on his gravestone), not a Yorkshire Battalion. You also have my dad’s probate date before he died. When referring to daughter 3 (Constance Scales), you refer to her as Dorothy Scales.
The six daughters of James Edward and Sarah Jane Starr are, in birth order, Mary Elizabeth (known as Betty), Dorothy, Constance May, Pamela Jean, Margaret and finally me Brenda.
I have information on all my sisters and their children (Names and birth dates Etc.) if this is of interest to you.
Hope this information is the kind of thing you are looking for.

Brenda Lee (Nee Starr)