Author Topic: Arvanitakis -Zante/Zakynthos  (Read 484 times)

Offline Arvanitakis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arvanitakis -Zante/Zakynthos
« on: Thursday 10 August 17 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I am trying to find information about Dr. Demetrios Arvanitakis (fl.1817-40) who was prominent during the British Protectorate days of the Ionian Islands. His name is frequently rendered in the Italian form: Demetrio Arvanitachi.

His daughter, Helena married the Greek poet Dionysios Solomos (1798-1857) and there is a google books article about the latter which mentions Arvanitakis but my Greek is not good enough to read it.

Especially I am looking for any connections to Kefalonia where I believe at least one of his sons moved to.

Thank you,

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosalita

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Arvanitakis -Zante/Zakynthos
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 January 18 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Did you already check
N. KATRAMIS, Philologika analekta Zakynthou, Zakynthos 1880? Good luck

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosalita

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Arvanitakis -Zante/Zakynthos
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 January 18 23:17 GMT (UK) »
I would also check:

L. Ch. Zois, Lexikon istorikon kai laographikon Zakynthou, 1963

Hello all,

I am trying to find information about Dr. Demetrios Arvanitakis (fl.1817-40) who was prominent during the British Protectorate days of the Ionian Islands. His name is frequently rendered in the Italian form: Demetrio Arvanitachi.

His daughter, Helena married the Greek poet Dionysios Solomos (1798-1857) and there is a google books article about the latter which mentions Arvanitakis but my Greek is not good enough to read it.

Especially I am looking for any connections to Kefalonia where I believe at least one of his sons moved to.

Thank you,