Author Topic: Ockley is an hamlet in Bolsover -but where  (Read 6340 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Ockley is an hamlet in Bolsover -but where
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 August 17 17:26 BST (UK) »
I see William was a widower at marriage to Mary Ann Smith - Have you researched his first marriage

Suggest if you have a quit few marriages you want copies of.

A lot of marriages are in the parish registers exactly the same as GRO at Matlock Derbyshire county records office, was 50p for a copy, could save you pounds on sending for certificates.(unless you want certificates for display purpose) They have their own car park or X 17 bus Chesterfield to Matlock. Sheffield archives are the same for PR marriages in their area 20p a copy - Both archives & within reasonable travel distance of Shirebrook  or Mansfield to Matlock by train - book in advance cheaper train fare deals online or day rover tickets.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Jamila169

• RootsChat Extra
  • pulling my hair out since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 August 17 13:49 BST (UK) »
I don't need many marriages yet, but having a look at the registers will be useful I think, once I've got a list of targets sorted out
I think William's first wife was Fanny Dobb (Q3 1850 -Q1 1876)
Cutt/Cutts -Derbyshire
Dean -Derbyshire
Kimpton/Kempton London, Yorkshire, Notts
Martin -Chesterfield/Nottingham
Martin -Co. Clare
Richardson -Whitwell
Johns - Mevagissey area

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 August 17 15:04 BST (UK) »
Not done a lot on Cutts Family History only direct back to Fanny & George married 1810 from GT nanny Mary Cutts (br 1846) to Samuel Tidmarsh married 1867 Wales Village near Rotherham 1867.

Like you it drove me daft  ??? ???  >:(  :-\ trying to figure who's who from what was the right info from all the variant stuff on Ancestry trees or online and frequent visits to Matlock archives  (burning my desk with hot fag ash at 3 am in the morning, later dreaming about who was Fanny Cutts) Stuck all info in a draw and gave it up 2012 ish. (Didn't do much better on the Tidmarsh  FH line back either, getting stuck on finding info pre Thomas Tidmarsh to Phoebe Cope married Merrevale near Athertone Warwickshire 1803 above Samuel's grandfather.)
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Jamila169

• RootsChat Extra
  • pulling my hair out since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 August 17 17:38 BST (UK) »
I've had a fun time trying to disentangle what's true and what's embroidered from the Cutt side, interesting family, but not always in a good way. my worst hairpuller is my 3x great grandad who is incredibly elusive and had a job that took him and the family all over the country, I've resorted to starting with early wills and working forward, because going backwards isn't working
Cutt/Cutts -Derbyshire
Dean -Derbyshire
Kimpton/Kempton London, Yorkshire, Notts
Martin -Chesterfield/Nottingham
Martin -Co. Clare
Richardson -Whitwell
Johns - Mevagissey area

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 August 17 23:18 BST (UK) »
Post deleted

Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 19:53 BST (UK) »
No doubt Wilfred Cutts butcher of Wath, and county councillor in the 1970s came into the deliberations.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 17 August 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
No doubt Wilfred Cutts butcher of Wath, and county councillor in the 1970s came into the deliberations.

Hi Dale

1970's  a bit down stream of Fanny Cutts nee Fox born 1791 of Hockley (Ockley) in census - can you expand on a route ( or down to Roots of) down to above Wilfred  ???

Wath is about similar distance north from Treeton (Rotherham ) as Bolsover is to the south, making Treeton (Strongly suspect George sr  ??? Fanny's Hubby origins was from Treeton) Cutts more interesting as to maybe why Mary Cutts was in Wales Village near Rotherham 1867

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 August 17 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamila169

As Image

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 August 17 16:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dobfarm, my late father in law was constable at WAth, and knew Wilf quite well, as I did as colleagues on the County Council.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)