Author Topic: Anthony Christie family of Cumbernauld.  (Read 6030 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anthony Christie family of Cumbernauld.
« on: Friday 11 August 17 12:09 BST (UK) »
I am hoping that someone may be able to help me find out any information regarding Anthony Christie who married Mary Connelly in 1915. They had 2 Daughters  Elizabeth and Daisy what year I cannot find.
Their Mother Mary died in 1917 Glasgow , death showed Bridgeton. Their father Anthony died of Pneumonia and the Spanish Flu in Feb 1919.
both the girls were then taken and raised by their grandparents who were Anthony Christie and Mary Ann Kelly as one of there children.
I cannot find out what happened to Daisy Christie and cannot get any thing on Scotland People.
I appreciate any help that someone may be able to give me .
Thanking you Annette Ellen
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Christie family of Cumbernauld.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 August 17 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi ,

Not sure if you have this already -
There is a death for an Elizabeth Christie(mother's maiden surname Connelly) , age 75 , 1991 , Kirkintilloch Dunbarton(other surname Law)

Marriage , 1934 , Elizabeth Diffe(?) Christie / Thomas Knox Law , Kirkintilloch Dunbarton.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 August 17 19:09 BST (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has the same information as ev  has posted they have the birth for Elizabeth 1915 kilsyth
Have you tried looking for a birth for Margaret Christie ? as Daisy has been known as a nick name for Margaret

Rosie

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 August 17 07:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie,
We have tried using Margaret and even Mary but no luck. It is quite a mystery.
It would be good if the children were put onto the certificates as the ones I have got do not include them.
Many thanks for your reply,
Annette Ellen.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 August 17 07:32 BST (UK) »
Hi ev,
I did not have the details for Elizabeth's death and marriage details but it is great to grt thrn, so thank you very much for that.
I will keep trying to find out what happened to Daisy ?
m
Many thanks  Annette Elen.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 August 17 10:32 BST (UK) »
is it possible Peggy was born prior to the marriage and recorded under Connelly. There is a very short time span between the marriage in 1915 and the death in 1917 for two children to be born.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 12 August 17 11:00 BST (UK) »
Alternatively, there was a Margaret Christie born in Cumbernauld in 1916.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 12 August 17 11:48 BST (UK) »
Hi isobelw,
There is a Margaret who was born in 1916 but her parents were Anthony Christie and Mary Ann Kelly and she died aged 1 year. As for Daisy she was born after Elisabeth (known as Lizzie )My Late Mother in law who was born in 1907  often spoke about them when they were young.
So the mystery still is to be solved.
I thank you very much for what you have replied.
Annette Ellen.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 12 August 17 14:47 BST (UK) »
Did see the birth and death certificate for the Margaret Christie born 1917 died 1917 in the tree on Ancestry ...maybe if you have access to Ancestry you could try and contact them to see if they have any more information on the missing Daisy

Rosie