Author Topic: Anthony Christie family of Cumbernauld.  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Christie family of Cumbernauld.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 August 17 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette.Ive just started researching Anthony Christie and Mary anne Kelly tonight.

I have an Anthony Christie who married into my dads  Family from Croy cumbernauld.From what i found tonight.My Anthony Christies father was Timothy Christie and your Anthony was Timothys brother.I started for me and a  relative that is related to my smith family.The relative im helping is Mary Annes great grandaughter.Marguerite

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 August 17 00:26 BST (UK) »
ive just spoke to Kate and she says thats Daisy Christie who great granny brought up in Twechar.Shes not sure if it was Daisy who died in Childbirth.She says she remembers her mum talking about Daisy  often.She is going to ask her aunt May See what she remembers. Marguerite

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 05:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Croy Girl,
I also have it that Daisy was born maybe before her mother died and I am sure that my Mother-in-Law has spoken about her as being around. How long for we still cannot seem to find out much about her life!!
I have it that Anthony Christie and Catherine O'Brien as his parents !
But we can only keep trying.
Thanking you, 
Regards Annette
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 August 17 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette .Kates aunt who would be your mother in laws niece is in her 80s.She has told kate that Daisy died aged 33.She is hopping to get some more info for you once she talks to her aunt.Kates mum often spoke of your Helen and daisy and lizzie to.Kates mum is now in her 90s but her mind has gone .bye the way my sister lives in Twechar where Daisy was brought up by her Gran.Will let you know what she finds out for you .

Marguerite.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 17 August 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Marguerite,
I told Tom about this and he was only young , but he said that Daisy was engaged and she had an Appendix and it burst and she got blood poisoning from. 
The usual doctor was away and another one said it was just indigestion and to go home . That was on a Friday and it was still not right on the Monday so she went back to the Drs and the Dr was back from being away and saw what she was like and sent her to the Hospital but it was too late as the Appendix had burst.
Tom was told that the chap that Daisy was engaged to never got married after that happened.
His Mother Helen Steel nee Christie often used to mention about all the siblings and as I may have said before when Christmas came there were so many cards to address which I greatly helped out.
Hope this gives you some more to go on.
Cheers Annette
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 17 August 17 23:32 BST (UK) »
Marguerite, sorry but I forget to ask how Kate is in the family as Tom was trying to place her. I said one was a niece and the other was her aunt Kate's mum. To many names the same back in those times. Sorry for the hiccup. Annette

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 19 August 17 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette.

Same thing happened to my dads brother  with his appendics.He died from blood poisoning  to age 33 .Kates aunt May was thinking she died in childbirth but maybe shes thinking of Daisys mum.Will tell kate the info you gave me.Your mother in law Helen was kates mums Aunt.So your husband is her mum and her aunt mays cousin.Kates his second cousin.I will get kate to try and contact you and you can have a family catch up.Or tell her to join roots chat.I have been researching my family for years but kates just starting out.Im from Croy just half mile from Auchinstarry and Kilsyth.My dad was from Croy my mum from Kilsyth.Kates Smith famiy from Croy are related to me.Marguerite