Author Topic: Help with a service record on FindMyPast  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a service record on FindMyPast
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 August 17 13:21 BST (UK) »
If you search again without the number but with North Shields in the place you should see it.  I think there's a problem with more than just this one record as Ive looked at a couple more and they've all been linked to the wrong image.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 August 17 13:30 BST (UK) »
Yes looks like there's a problem somewhere. There have been complaints recently re Ancestry and FindMyPast about reports not being seen to. Hope they do correct it though.

By doing what I did it looks like the correct guy just not much about him but gives his service career.  :)
GEDmatch M157477

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 August 17 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Thanks for the help with this, based on Jomot's post about a few records being mixed up I have have managed to find most of the record I want.

I put in W Clements with a key word of naval which gave me 6 results. I've looked at all of them and based on the preview from the NA's website I'd say my man's record is attached to Walter Thomas Clements born on the 14th of May 1896 and living at 13 East Street, Portslade.

The first page with his name and address etc is missing but the other two pages with the main detail is there. It would be nice to have the first page but I'll manage with the main part that I've found.

All I see is his DOB and storeman no address. He's in the Tyneside Division of RNVR

There is a description of him. His term of service - 3yrs and on what vessels he served and his conduct, info about pension etc on his release. There is only 1 page sorry hit the button too early got distracted, there is only 1 page of main items with a second with a small amount of further service history re ships.

:)

I have tried looking for this record but don't seem to be able to get it. He has got 2 records on the NA site, the 3 page RND one and a single page one which seems to be the one you have found and I can't.

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 August 17 15:18 BST (UK) »
Scrap that, I've just searched again using his name and year of birth which gave me over 10,000 records but his RNR record was the very first one.

Thanks a lot for the help,

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)