Author Topic: Camage / Camidge early members (pre-1750)  (Read 604 times)

Offline Lexi73

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Camage / Camidge early members (pre-1750)
« on: Saturday 12 August 17 14:02 BST (UK) »
Dear all,
While singing in York Minster I came across the paintings of the four Camidge generations who were organists there in the 18th and 19th century (John, his son Matthew, Matthew's son John and John jr's son Thomas Simpson). I also found a Charles Edward Camidge once when researching something else, who was bishop of Bathurst, Australia, in the 1890s.
Of course, being a nosey parker, I wanted to know whether these were related (which they are: Charles Edward was the son of Matthew's younger son Charles Joseph), but as usual I've been taking the research way too far. I am now stuck in 1689 and have another branch that I can't seem to link to the others.

In one line I have Robert, baptised in St Mary's Bishophill Junior (York) in 1689 by his parents Robert Camage and Ann. He has several siblings: George 1686, Ellin 1692, Thomas 1696, Leonard 1700 and Eleanor 1710.

In another line I also have another Robert, baptised in Bishopthorpe in 1733 by his parents John Camage and Jane. His siblings are Daniel 1729, Joseph 1731, Isaac 1736 and James 1739.

I was somehow hoping someone knew whether these lines could be linked up somewhere, or that someone at least has any information on John and Jane, the latter of the two lines. I'm stuck there, you see.

Hope anyone can help, thanks a lot!!!
Regards,
Lexi.