Author Topic: British subjects in France  (Read 2013 times)

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
British subjects in France
« on: Sunday 13 August 17 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I don't know if I am in the right place and if it's even useful. I would like to list the British subjects I find in France during my own queries.

For example, today, I found the

birth record of Elisabeth Victoria EDWARDS, born on December 8th 1840 in Chantilly (Oise), daughter of George EDWARDS (piqueur au service de son altesse royale monseigneur le duc d'Orléans, domicilié à Chantilly bâtiment des Grandes écuries) and Elisabeth ARNULL EDWARDS his wife. One of the witnesses is Edgar PAVIS, 27 years old, jockey au service du duc d'Orléans, a friend.

death record of Wiliam Chichester EDWARDS in Pléneuf-Val-André (Côtes d'Armor), dead on August 22th 1826. He was 38 years old, lieutenant de vaisseau de la marine britannique. Parents William EDWARDS and Elisabeth CHICHESTER. He is a native of Bonristaple province du Devonshire. I honestly can't read the name of his birthplace. I guess it's Barnstaple.

birth record of William Charles Louis EDWARDS in Boulogne-sur-Mer (Pas-de-Calais) on June 7th 1843 (born the day before), son of William George EDWARDS, 36 years old, rentier, and Marie Clara MALCOLM, 38 years old, his wife.

birth record of Amelia EDWARDS in Guingamp (Côtes d'Armor) on November 16th 1861 (born the day before), daughter of James EDWARDS, 40 years old, propriétaire, and Rebecca Elizabeth GLIDDON, 39 years old, propriétaire

death record of Clements Georges EDWARD(S) in Lamballe (Côtes d'Armor) on June 7th 1858. Born in Jersey, single, rentier. He was 61 years old.

birth record of Elle Victoria DODD in Lamorlaye (Oise), on May 25th 1899 (born the day before), daughter of James Théodore DODD, 29 years old, jockey, and Loïs FLATMAN, 26 years old, sans profession. Witnesses George WITCHERLEY, 44, jockey, and Jean COOKE, 30, jockey.
The next record is the death record of Albert William JONES, son of George Albert JONES, 26, palfrenier, and Eugénie Alphonsine Charlotte LETELLIER

Marriage record In Lamorlaye (Oise) on April 26th 1898. George Albert JONES and Eugénie Alphonsine Charlotte LETELLIER. Born in Kinsnigton Town, arrondissement de Londres, son of William JONES and Sarah JONES.

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: British subjects in France
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 August 17 18:07 BST (UK) »
Sounds like a great idea, well done, I'm sure there will be many members who may benefit from it.
Shouldn't worry too much if its on the correct board or not, a moderator will repost it.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 August 17 12:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply

Death record of Haydn ATKINS in Graville-Sainte-Honorine (Seine-Maritime) on December 28th 1898. He is 34 years old, agent commercial, born on February 24th 1859 in Cardiff, comté de Glamorgan et de Monmouth (Angleterre), son of Frédérick Pyke ATKINS and Henrietta Marie ROGERS, husband of Delphine Alice PERRET (Married in Le Havre -10/APR/1888).

Marriage record of Joseph ATKINS and Marie Jeanne STYFF in Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône) - 20/DEC/1873. Born in Kingston or Thames (Angleterre), 15/JAN/1842, son of William ATKINS charpentier, and Eliza LIMONY, ménagère. Born in Glasgow (Ecosse) - 25/SEP/1851, daughter of Mathieu Frédérick STYFF, horloger, away, and the late Marguerite HOLLANDE.

Death record of Anny STYFF in Marseille (Bouches-du Rhône) - 19/JUL/1863. She was 6 months old, born in Newcastre (Angleterre), daughter of Frederic STYFF, horloger, and Marguerite HALLAN, ménagère.

Death record of a stillborn boy in Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône) - 29/APR/1864. Son of Frederic STYFF, horloger, and Margaret ALLAN.

Birth record of Biker MAC DONALD in Brélévenez (Côtes d'Armor) - 16/MAY/1863. Born the day before. Son of Michaël MAC DONALD, 55, propriétaire, and Emmac MAC DONALD, née DAUNCEY, 35, propriétaire.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 15:35 BST (UK) »
Marriage record in Tonnay-Charente (Charente Maritime) - 16/JUN/1869. Pierre Alfred TRIAUD and Lucilla WILLIAMSON, 23, daughter of Richard WILLIAMSON, 56, négociant armateur, and Jane ALLEN,
 53. Born on April 11th 1846 in Ormskirk, comté de Lancastre (Angleterre).

Marriage record in Saint-Germain-Village (Eure) - 08/OCT/1844. John ALLEN, éperonnier, and Clémentine Aglaée AUXAGNEAUX. Son of Robert ALLEN, éperonnier, and the late Deborah Aleas ADAMS. Born on September 5th 1822 in Saint-Marys Walsall.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 16:32 BST (UK) »
Death record in Corlay (Côtes d'Armor) - 22/JUN/1897. William Arthur JOHNSON, 32, jockey, son of Georges JOHNSON and Rosanna JOHNSON, husband of Elisabeth Catherine Anne ADAMS. Birthplace EARPOLEY or TARPOLEY, comté de Chester.

Birth record in Saint-Pierrre-lès-Calais (Pas-de-Calais) - 10/NOV/1844. Born the day before. Alfred William JOHNSON, son of Israël JOHNSON, 24, ouvrier en tulle, and Mary Anne DIXON. Witnesses : Samuel BAILEY, 25, and John PRINGLE, 23.