Author Topic: BRUNSDON RESERCH !!!!  (Read 539 times)

Offline kittycatgirl9

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BRUNSDON RESERCH !!!!
« on: Sunday 13 August 17 21:50 BST (UK) »
hello anyone researching the name brunsdon. I have been doing my family tree research with the sole purpose of finding out my geological biological origins of my last name. from my research, i have traced my family all the way back to 1535. anyway, based on my research a theory emerged, a theory that it was an early form of the last name associated with a  town. for example Richard of brunsdon. overtime they changed the name of the town due to different conquerors such as Saxons or normans and plague eventually leading to the town name being changed to Blunsdon, a town on the border of Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, Berkshire. anyway, contact me if you want proof of my research and will happily provide evidence.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BRUNSDON RESERCH !!!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 August 17 23:30 BST (UK) »
'Blunsdon St Andrew is a village dating back to the Iron Age, where the earliest ancestors fortified and built a settlement. Blunsdon is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as 'Bluntesdone', at which time the settlement had a population of only two or three adult males. In 1281, there was also a reference to 'Bluntesdon Seynt Andreu'. Additionally in recent years, archaeologists discovered a Roman travellers' resting place on the site of the present-day Cold Harbour pub a mile or so away from Blunsdon Abbey Park'

If you want to see if anyone is researching 'Brunsdon' then look in 'Surname Interests', under 'Your Tools', below.