Author Topic: Occupation listed as Steward...possibilities???  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Dublingal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Occupation listed as Steward...possibilities???
« on: Monday 14 August 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi All
Im trying to find a Hugh Glynn, listed as a land steward on his daughters marriage record in 1863. Is there a source anywhere that I could find him with that occupation. Am having trouble finding a Hugh Glynn on the east coast. Daughters name is Maria Glynn who married a Patrick Byrnes in St Bridgets COI church in Dublin. I think Patrick was RC as she converted as she was buried as a RC in Glasnevin in 1910.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Occupation listed as Steward...possibilities???
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 August 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
Have you got her on the 1901 Census to see what county she was born?

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 August 17 12:19 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Dublingal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 August 17 16:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for responses. I havent been able to confirm her on The 1901 Census. Looked at all variations names etc, and ruled out some too by cross referencing with birth data for those children living with her.
I know she lived at 16 upper gloucester street in 1897 as her daughter married from there.... she died at either Grenville lane or Hill street (both addresses on death record)
To add to the complexity on one daughters marriage record in 1894 she is recorded as Glynn, on the other Flynn...... was I believe widowed between 1894 and 1897.
Do you think steward was likely to be land steward?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 August 17 21:18 BST (UK) »
She does seem to move around a lot.
I can see a daughter Hanna married to John McKeever and Anne married John Hanlon, were their other children Mary, James and Elizabeth and do you know who they married.
She's not with the Hanlon's in 1901, I can't find the McKeever's did they leave the country?
Have you found the other children in 1901 in case she is with any of them.
Who is the parents of Michael Murphy the informant on the death?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1910/05429/4517659.pdf

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 August 17 21:38 BST (UK) »
Here is Michael Murphy in Mountjoy Parade - the informant of the death

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Mountjoy/Mountjoy_Parade/14668/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dublingal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 August 17 23:17 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately Hanna McKeever died a year after marriage in 1895. She died at 16 upper gloucester street. She is buried in Glasnevin alongside John Hanlon and Maria Byrne. John McKeever went on to remarry in the early 1900's. Where did the names Mary James and Elizabeth pop up? I had found a Garret , a James, possibly an Ellen.......and an Anna, who i thought may have been Hanna as I cant find her birth record!
Michael Murphy is a puzzle. His wife is a Christina Hennesy and family do recall that surname as a relation. For him to be grandson his mother must be a Byrne?? But I cant find a Byrne/ Murphy marriage. the only Murphy link is on Patrick Byrne and Maria Glynns Marriage record where a Murphy is witness for the Husband! Its one big conundrum folks!!! I really appreciate your input!!

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 August 17 23:43 BST (UK) »
There is a Mary James and Elizabeth to a Mary Glynn and Patrick Byrne baptised in Saggart on Irish Genealogy church records, may not be the correct family.

Is Maria buried in Glassnevin with the others, I'm just wondering how sure you are that the death in 1910 is her.

Edit, just looking at your post again, that's Maria after John Hanlon's name, yes?