Author Topic: Joiner Marriage Index - difficulty finding records and using their 'contact us '  (Read 1019 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Morning all
Just wondered if anyone has tried to access Joiner Marriage index recently? All my searches under parishes in County Durham are saying they can't find a record in 'Allhallows in Durham '- doesn't matter which parish I choose - I've tried several including Sunderland and others. I don't know where Allhallows is anyway and I wasn't searching in it.
When I tried to fill in the contact us page, it won't let me put my full email address in - it's not especially long either?
I'm not asking anyone to look up my names I'm researching, but if anyone else is having bother or knows how to contact the site owner that would be really helpful.
I notice it says the site is under a new host since June 2017, so I'm wondering if it's just a site glitch and if they know about it.
Thanks
North East of England

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joiner Marriage Index - difficulty finding records and using their 'contact us '
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 August 17 21:15 BST (UK) »
Interesting website.  I tried the contact page and found that it doesn't take the co.uk bit of my email addy.

However I googled and came up with his Joiner/Joyner one name study page.

http://joinermarriageindex.co.uk/pjoiner/joiner/

Scroll down the page and you will see a piccy of him with an email contact.  However the website was last updated in 2009 so I don't know if this email addy is still live.

You could try that and see if you get any response.  I think he may be on facebook but I don't do facebook so can't check that out.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joiner Marriage Index - difficulty finding records and using their 'contact us '
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 August 17 10:34 BST (UK) »
Many thanks - I had the same issue with email address not having enough space to fit it all in.
North East of England