Author Topic: Lydia Loveless from Nova Scotia, Canada - 1837 birth  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Avionrn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lydia Loveless from Nova Scotia, Canada - 1837 birth
« on: Thursday 17 August 17 00:50 BST (UK) »
Lydia Loveless/Lovelace - I am in search of a birth and death certificate as well as place of internment.  Lydia was born in Nova Scotia in 1837.  She married Charles W. Craven at Beech Hill around 1863.  I also am looking for date of death and place of internment for Charles W. Craven born in 1836 in Nova Scotia. 

Wesley Loveless- looking for his birth certificate born in Nova Scotia in 1854 or 1860.  In the 1871 census he is a Loveless and in the 1881 census he is a Craven. 

Also am looking for documentation as to who Lydia's parents are as well as Wesley Loveless parents. 

Lydia was not a Carpenter/Carpender nor was she born in North Carolina.  She is related to a Sophia Loveless but is not listed as being related on any documents. 

Many family tress have incorrect information on Lydia Loveless.  She is not a Poole or an Aitken.  I have contacted a librarian who has discredited the Poole/Aitken theory from PEI listed on other family trees. 

I am willing to pay for the documents I am looking for.  I have had an individual who has done geneology for many years come up empty handed.  He has checked all churches in Kings, Nova Scotia and came up empty handed as far as internment sites and birth and death certificates. 

Thank you in advance.  Please help me solve this mystery. 

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Lydia Loveless from Nova Scotia, Canada - 1837 birth
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 August 17 08:51 BST (UK) »
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 August 17 09:22 BST (UK) »
Do you have Lydia and Wesley on the 1861 census?

Is it not possible that Lydia had married a Loveless with Wesley being a child of the marriage?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 August 17 09:50 BST (UK) »
Do you have Lydia and Wesley on the 1861 census?

Unfortunately the 1861 census for Nova Scotia provides rather sparse information about people.  It is limited to name of head of household, plus numbers in the household male and female. (Also numbers of births, infant deaths, marriages and other deaths in the last year, and some disability and literacy questions).
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 August 17 12:24 BST (UK) »
I am willing to pay for the documents I am looking for.  I have had an individual who has done geneology for many years come up empty handed.  He has checked all churches in Kings, Nova Scotia and came up empty handed as far as internment sites and birth and death certificates. 
Thank you in advance.  Please help me solve this mystery. 

Rootschat is a free forum and members do try to help with queries but it is appreciated when posters acknowledge the help they've been given  :-\

Wesley Cravin's marriage (1884) gives his age as 24 and lists parents as Charles W. & Lydia.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline J.A.M.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pte. Alexander McCalmont C.E.F. 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 August 17 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I don't know if you have this, but here is their daughter;

https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/ItemView.aspx?ImageFile=1816-223&Event=birth&ID=69885

Good hunting.

J.A.M.
Islandmagee, County Antrim, Ireland

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 August 17 15:30 BST (UK) »
Gordon Elwin Craven b 20 May 1869 Corwallis both parents are stated.

It also shows their marriage so Lydia Loveless & Charles Craven tied the knot on the 09 JUL 1866 in Cornwallis.

https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com  Use the Advance search function and only the surname Craven It will cost you $11.17 if you order the document.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 17 August 17 15:37 BST (UK) »
Gordon Elwin Craven b 20 May 1869 Corwallis both parents are stated.
It also shows their marriage so Lydia Loveless & Charles Craven tied the knot on the 09 JUL 1866 in Cornwallis.
https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com  Use the Advance search function and only the surname Craven It will cost you $11.17 if you order the document.
Don
I read date of marriage as 9 Feby 1866 but it's not that uncommon for marriage dates in birth register to be incorrect.
Order what document? the marriage (1866 or otherwise) doesn't show up in any searches I've done.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 17 August 17 16:58 BST (UK) »
aghadowey

Yes it could be Feby, my eyes are getting old.

Sure you can get a copy either online or by post.  Simply check the box that says "add to cart"

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.