Author Topic: Lizzie Alexandra Legg/e. Missing after US arrival in 1909. Help please.  (Read 773 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Lizzie Alexandra Legg/e. Missing after US arrival in 1909. Help please.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 02:42 BST (UK) »
I have searched http://more.ppld.org:8080/SpecialCollections/index/article_search.asp for Elizabeth A Stewart’s free obituary and found this one below.

Article ID:   580056
Headline:   Elizabeth A. Stewart
Date/Pub/Sec:   11/10/1922, Gazette, 12:2

It may have told me more than the simple one sentence that RJ137 found published on the previous day. The full text was not available so I needed to order it. Unfortunately the Pikes Peak Library District order form requires a PPLD Library Card or a ZIP Code. As I do not live in the USA I can’t fulfill this requirement. 

Some North American libraries offer "Ask A Librarian" services.  You could try contacting the library, explaining that you do not live in the states and would it be possible to ask for the one obituary lookup.  A number of libraries do not charge a fee for "simple" Ask A Librarian requests; but be careful, some libraries do charge a small fee (I didn't read the small print one time).  ;)  Also, it wouldn't hurt to explain a wee bit about why the obituary could help you.   ;)

I tried to shrink the link for the library, but I can't get it to work.  Once you are on the Pikes Peak library site, if you go to "Contact Us" you can submit your question.  Hopefully, you will not need a library card to ask a question!
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada       Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland       (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 03:08 BST (UK) »
I am in the US, so if all they need is a zip code, I could request it.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
I put in a request, so I'll let you know if I receive it.

Offline KiwiRose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 August 17 03:49 BST (UK) »
Shellyesq,

Thank you so much for ordering the obituary for Elizabeth A Stewart for me. I am really looking forward to hearing from you (in about a week the library said) as to what information about her was included.

Kind regards,

KiwiRose.
Ireland:
County Antrim: Carrickfergus District: Irwin, McAllister, McNeil, Moore.
County Clare: Barrett.
USA:
Washington State: Moore, Hoyt, Sinclair, Johnson, Palmateer, Larrabee.
California: De Curtoni.
New Zealand: De Cartoni, Lofquist, Harding.