Author Topic: Lizzie Alexandra Legg/e. Missing after US arrival in 1909. Help please.  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Lizzie Alexandra Legg/e. Missing after US arrival in 1909. Help please.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 02:42 BST (UK) »
I have searched http://more.ppld.org:8080/SpecialCollections/index/article_search.asp for Elizabeth A Stewart’s free obituary and found this one below.

Article ID:   580056
Headline:   Elizabeth A. Stewart
Date/Pub/Sec:   11/10/1922, Gazette, 12:2

It may have told me more than the simple one sentence that RJ137 found published on the previous day. The full text was not available so I needed to order it. Unfortunately the Pikes Peak Library District order form requires a PPLD Library Card or a ZIP Code. As I do not live in the USA I can’t fulfill this requirement. 

Some North American libraries offer "Ask A Librarian" services.  You could try contacting the library, explaining that you do not live in the states and would it be possible to ask for the one obituary lookup.  A number of libraries do not charge a fee for "simple" Ask A Librarian requests; but be careful, some libraries do charge a small fee (I didn't read the small print one time).  ;)  Also, it wouldn't hurt to explain a wee bit about why the obituary could help you.   ;)

I tried to shrink the link for the library, but I can't get it to work.  Once you are on the Pikes Peak library site, if you go to "Contact Us" you can submit your question.  Hopefully, you will not need a library card to ask a question!
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 03:08 BST (UK) »
I am in the US, so if all they need is a zip code, I could request it.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
I put in a request, so I'll let you know if I receive it.

Offline KiwiRose

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 August 17 03:49 BST (UK) »
Shellyesq,

Thank you so much for ordering the obituary for Elizabeth A Stewart for me. I am really looking forward to hearing from you (in about a week the library said) as to what information about her was included.

Kind regards,

KiwiRose.
Ireland:
County Antrim: Carrickfergus District: Irwin, McAllister, McNeil, Moore.
County Clare: Barrett.
USA:
Washington State: Moore, Hoyt, Sinclair, Johnson, Palmateer, Larrabee.
California: De Curtoni.
New Zealand: De Cartoni, Lofquist, Harding.