Author Topic: William Hardy New 12th Regiment  (Read 205 times)

Offline akissling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Hardy New 12th Regiment
« on: Thursday 17 August 17 02:06 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the military papers of William Hardy (or George William Hardy) of the 12th Regiment, regimental number 603. He was discharged 14/3/1867 in New Zealand. I have not been able to find his papers in two popular genealogy websites, even with the reg. number. The only thing I can find is http://twelfthregiment.info/wp/wp-content/uploads/Roll_Call_F_K.html. I am hoping these papers will help me learn a bit more about him in NZ and find his family. Thanks for any advice.
Carey, McCabe, McKinnon, Barr, Curr, Templeton

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
    • Family History
Re: William Hardy New 12th Regiment
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 August 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
He didn't serve long enough to qualify for a pension so his army discharge papers will not have survived.

I believe he is on the 1861 census in the UK, stationed at Walmer Barracks.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline akissling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Hardy New 12th Regiment
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 23:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much. I will check this out.
Carey, McCabe, McKinnon, Barr, Curr, Templeton