Author Topic: Death of my gt grandmother  (Read 3235 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death of my gt grandmother
« Reply #18 on: Friday 18 August 17 16:25 BST (UK) »
Yes she does seem to disappear. She might have left Michael and took up with someone else and taken that name - it's difficult.

ThrellfallYorky mentioned the trees with unsourced information and part of that is the 1887 death of Michael Doyle in a home in Birkenhead.
I asked you about your information that Michael died in 1880 in a home in Birkenhead. I wonder is that proven.

I ask this in trying to find Emily and Patrick James.

There is a marriage in Nantwich 1875 - James Doyle to Mary Ann Evans but I can't find them in 1881 nor 1871. :-\ to see if it is your man.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 18 August 17 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, he died in 1887 I got it wrong I have notification of his death.  I also think Emily may have gone to live with Patrick she would be too old to remarry. Patrick James married in 1872 to Fanny Blanche Tooth. They married in Pembroke Dock Dyfed Wales  That is all I know and still can't find her death.
I couldn't find a marriage for Michael George to Agnes McGuire either, I have looked under Michael, Michael George and George, the name he used but I still couldn't find a marriage. their first child Emily Agnes was born in 1877 in Accrington Lancashire and he wasn't married in 1871 because he was with his father working, so it must have been after then and before 1877.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 August 17 19:50 BST (UK) »
I apologise for going on but do you know that Michael who died in 1887 is yours?
There is a Michael in the home in 1881 census as I said and I wondered if the death was him rather than your Michael.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 18 August 17 20:10 BST (UK) »
Fanny Blanche Tooth looks to have married John Edward Fincham in Pembroke 1872. They are in 1881 census living in Radnorshire.

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 18 August 17 21:34 BST (UK) »
Right then I have picked the wrong one on the free bmds Patrick James had  a Fanny Blanche Tooth and a Teresa James all in the same group along with the Edward.......
 So, if it wasn't Fanny it must be Teresa , I must try and see into it more 
The death of Michael in 1887 It turned out that it was the correct age and it said he was a widower.
If there was another one how would I find out about him ?
It is the same Michael Doyle on the 1881 census as a patient he died in 1887 at the home.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 August 17 22:09 BST (UK) »
I can't see Patrick and Teresa in later censuses and without the marriage details you would not know if he is yours. It is not an uncommon name.

Michael in the home is a former Dock labourer whilst yours is a Nailmaker or Mill machinist  :-\

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 18 August 17 22:46 BST (UK) »
Worth looking at:
1881 3874 /74 /48

Michael Doyle 66 yrs b Ireland ex Machine Fitter boarding in Pilkington, Lancs (Bury registration district) but he is shown as unmarried.

1881 3863 /88 /24

Michael Doyle 60 yrs a widower b Ireland General Labourer lodging in Bury, Lancs

1891 3354 /52

Micheal Doyle 77 yrs married Scale Maker lodging in Haslingden

There is a death in 1886 for one of the Bury ones

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 18 August 17 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, while you could be right I can't find a connection with Bury. All I know is that he is with one of his sons in 1871 in Barrowford in a Lodging House . The next census the son who calls himself George is with his own family in Haslingden  in a boarding house in 1891 the family lived in Barnoldswick , then moved to Clayton le Moors where the rest of us came from.
The places they lived in..
West Derby
Longton Staffordshire
Nantwich Cheshire
To be honest I am getting a bit fed up as I can't get any further. I shall have to call it a day and forget about it all. Thank you for your help.Theresa

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 19 August 17 08:07 BST (UK) »
I am not suggesting that the Bury ones may be him but just suggesting that they are as, if not  more, likely to be him than the man in Birkenhead.
I agree that this is difficult with such a common name. It is a pity that Emily can't be found though.
I didn't post this death earlier because it was yet another area but of course Clayton le Moors is Blackburn district so thought I would post it now. ;)

June quarter 1895 Blackburn vol 8e pg 313
Michael Doyle  82 yrs

Good luck
heywood