Author Topic: Townland of Crossnacole, Kiltegan, Baltinglass, County Wicklow ,Talbotstown DED  (Read 1348 times)

Offline LearyP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Researching Anastatia O'Leary of Crossnacole's family tree.  But it is such a small townland with only a few houses, and I can't find any records of O'Learys in that area at all. Please PM me if you have any living details of relatives

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Townland of Crossnacole, Kiltegan, Baltinglass, County Wicklow ,Talbotstown DED
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 August 17 10:40 BST (UK) »
Researching Anastatia O'Leary of Crossnacole's family tree.  But it is such a small townland with only a few houses, and I can't find any records of O'Learys in that area at all. Please PM me if you have any living details of relatives

When/where was Anastatia O'Leary born and when was she supposed to have been in Crossnacole?

It might have been that she/her family only lived there a short time, left there before 1901 census, daughtered out, etc. Valuation books would list the head of household following on from Griffith's Valuation but without any dates mentioned in your post it's very difficult to give more advice.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline LearyP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Townland of Crossnacole, Kiltegan, Baltinglass, County Wicklow ,Talbotstown DED
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 August 17 18:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you, this is now complete as the person trying to find A O'Leary have just found a more correct connection in south Wicklow, thank you. I am not related to A O'Leary, I was contacted just because of my last name.