Author Topic: Sneaky change to Yahoo disposable email addresses  (Read 1141 times)

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Sneaky change to Yahoo disposable email addresses
« on: Friday 18 August 17 12:25 BST (UK) »
I have a Yahoo email account which ends .co.uk and for years have been using their disposable email addresses feature (settings, security).  I set up a new disposable address a couple of days ago and used it to order something online.  Today I thought it odd that I'd not received an acknowledgement of my order or a despatch update, since feedback suggests the company is pretty good at this, so I double-checked that I'd set the disposable address up correctly.  And I had, sort of.  What I'd not spotted was that rather than using the .co.uk suffix the new one is .com.  I couldn't say for certain what the setup screen said at the time, obviously I should have paid more attention rather than assumed it would follow the pattern it's followed in the past.  Unsurprisingly Yahoo help is no help at all although a google search found this:

www.rootschat.com/links/01kka

Thought I'd post here for info as much as anything else.  I do wonder whether this is tied in with Yahoo's change of ownership.

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON