Author Topic: Florence Kendall Hull  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Brian75

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Kendall Hull
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 August 17 16:43 BST (UK) »
Looking on Ancestry it brings birth up as 1921

Thanks Brian
Ralph, Milne, Stockton, Atkinson, Kendall, Wise, Davey,

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 August 17 16:48 BST (UK) »
Yes that's right Brian.
After the ones shown in reply #2, there are another 5 children shown on Free BMD including Florence 1921.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MargeW

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 November 17 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian.. Florence Marwood was my great grandma. She died in 1947 and Arthur died in 1946. Tragically two,of their sons died before them. My grandad also Arthur and their youngest son Sid. Both died in 1944. Arthur died here of TB and Sid out in Burma. I've done lots of research on the family which I'm happy to pass on. You may be interested to know that Florence Marwood is a relative of William Marwood who was an executioner!!! Florence was born in Willerby and Arthur in Chatham. It looks as if Florence came back to Hull while Arthur was in the army. He was a regular soldier and spent time in India before seeing the entire WW1 in France. Let me know if you have any questions. Margaret

Offline Mark Stansfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 03 March 18 00:18 GMT (UK) »
hello   my name is mark stansfield ..my father albert stansfield....and my grandfather albert stansfield SNR....ALBERT STANSFIELD MARRIED IVY KENDALL....obviously my grandmother...my grandmothers yougest brother was sapper sidney kendall who drowned in India in 1943 aged 19....my grandmother had sisters florence kendall..phylis...mary and a brother eric kendall.....i knew them all growing up as a small boy...they have now all passed just recently i found out about my great uncle sidney...my grandmother ivy sidneys sister was born 18.09.1919...she named her youngest son sidney but as she was married to Albert stansfield...the son became sidney stansfield...i have a photograph of sapper sidney kendall and the local newspaper report of his passing and his 21st birthday memoriams from eric and the sisters...of course if you want any information i have you are welcome as are other family members..like Marg...good luck if you would be willing to share any family history that would be great i go far back as philip marwood marrying ann wilkinson in march 1842..  please if you have anything to share please contact  Removed  thank you

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.

Please take a few moments to read out guidelines for posting

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Mark Stansfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 03 March 18 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Mm, they had a second Florence, yes?

Deaths:

KENDALL, PERCIVAL   2 
GRO Reference: 1908  D Quarter in SCULCOATES  Volume 09D  Page 94

KENDALL, FLORENCE  MARY   1     
GRO Reference: 1909  S Quarter in HULL  Volume 09D  Page 161
Did Florence Jnr marry in:

Mar 1942 Hull 9d 450
my aunty florry was born 1921  she married uncle alf...their son Alf is a top clubland singer...i got pocket money off aunty florry and her sister was my grandmother ivy kendall...and i knew mary and phylis...i was the first grandson of ivy kendall and they all spoiled me as a child

Florence Kendall to Alfred E Berry

Jamjar

Looking on Ancestry it brings birth up as 1921

Thanks Brian

Offline Mark Stansfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 03 March 18 00:35 GMT (UK) »
Arthur Kendall was in the Royal Artillery and his army pension records shows children up until WW1 were:

Arthur John b.16/11/1907
Grace b.8/6/1911
Mary b.5/6/1913 (might not be exact as record smudged)
Ronald b.2/12/1914

Annette   hello... for info on the kendall side of my family ivy phylis mary eric and florence please email Removed    ivy kendall is my grandmother  the sisters my great aunties i knew all of them  growing up...and my uncle eric kendall...i have lived in hull nearly 60 years and have dates marriages children etc..thank you

Offline Mark Stansfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 03 March 18 00:59 GMT (UK) »
My great Aunt Florence Kendall married Alfred Berry and she was born 06/12/1921  her mother was also Florence born 30/06/1882 married to Arthur Kendall 23/05/1881 Corporation Highways Worker hope this helps.I knew Florence..her sister Ivy was my paternal grandmother...