Author Topic: Miria Davies Census/death look up  (Read 494 times)

Offline ddraigcelt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Miria Davies Census/death look up
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 August 17 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,
            Thanks for your replies, the  Mary H Davies you refer to is probably  my great grandmother Mary Hannah Davies. I agree though that Miria is probably Maria (although Miriam is a possibility) There was a previous daughter who was called Maria who only lived to 5 or 6 so the name was probably carried on. Can't find her with grand parents, siblins or uncles and aunts. I shall keep looking, Regards

Parker

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 August 17 11:27 BST (UK) »
I think Mabel has provided enough evidence to indicate it is Maria!  And even followed up the MAry H I found with the Uncle - thus to prove the MAry H on 1891 was not actually Miria!

So the only question now, is where is Maria in 1891?

There is a 5 yr of Maria living as niece in H/H of an Elizabeth Davies in Llantrisant - RG 12 4418 29 12, who might be worth further investigation.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 August 17 22:19 BST (UK) »
Don't think the niece in Llantrisant is yours. Place of birth is Trealaw - someone has posted a birth cert image on ancestry of a Maria b Trealaw, daughter of Morgan Davies and Mary Ann nee Jones

Offline ddraigcelt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 16:38 BST (UK) »
I agree Mabel, can't find any uncles or aunts to match the ones on the census although her parents are in residence in near Pentre in 1881, Regards
Parker