Author Topic: HELP: Chelsea Pensioner, Murdoch Matheson  (Read 1883 times)

Offline armck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HELP: Chelsea Pensioner, Murdoch Matheson
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 August 17 03:37 BST (UK) »
Did your McKinnons and McPhee's come to Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island, Canada

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: HELP: Chelsea Pensioner, Murdoch Matheson
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 August 17 03:44 BST (UK) »
Anne: I was given a phone number to call the Inverness Crematorium, I wonder if that would reveal anything?
As far as burial is concerned, you could try phoning Inverness Crematorium (01463-717849) who keep records for Tomnahurich Cemetery which was the main cemetery at that time. They have lair records from 1864 (for private graves top of the hill).

Sorry, missed this post.

There's a RCer on here who may be able to help, from memory it may be ghostwhisperer she goes under?

You can probably find her if you type in Tomnahurich in the search bar at the top of this page?

Annie

Added...

To attach a doc, look directly under your message (when replying) which says in bold blue "Attachments and other options"

As far as I know my MacKinnons & MacPhees went to Canada but unsure of which area(s), I would need to check.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"