Author Topic: Mystery: William Bowman NSW  (Read 11720 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery: William Bowman NSW
« Reply #18 on: Monday 21 August 17 01:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you, JM.

Yes, it's odd when folk do that.  :-\

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 21 August 17 02:46 BST (UK) »
Tiani is the detailed online tree, which includes the copy of the marriage cert for Sarah, your tree?

It has all the children for Sarah and Mary, but nothing for John and William Jnr, or the parents

Jamjar

Thank you heaps for all your help!! I am very excited to finally have some things to go on. :D

No, that is not my tree. :)

Kind Regards, Tiani

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 21 August 17 02:48 BST (UK) »
The only info I have so far is that he married a Rebecca Bindel (also spelled Bendall).

You know this how?

I am not seeing a marriage, could you point to the record of one, please?

Jamjar

:-[ I don't have one. All I have is what relatives remember. I'm sorry!

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 21 August 17 02:58 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

May I suggest that it would be sensible to confirm those relatives memories ... afterall, it is simply not possible that there's anyone living who was alive in the 1800s ....   I am not suggesting you rush out and order a stack of certificates, but I am suggesting you do check each generation back from your own, before you rush to the various Bowman families in regional NSW in the 1800s, not all of them are related families.   I am still looking through my own Bowman research to see if I can help with any certs or other official records, but there's many a chap named William BOWMAN in NSW in the 19th century.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 21 August 17 03:06 BST (UK) »
Oh Dear, I am still trying to figure out how to use Rootschat!  ;D

Thank you heaps for all your help and advice. You have made some really goos suggestions and I will definitely try to get to the bottom of this and find out which Bowman family I am a part of!! I'm a bit confused now as regards my tree  ;) but you have all given me lots of info to help me along.
If you ever stumble upon a ladder over the brick wall, please let me know.  :D

Kind Regards, Tiana :)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 21 August 17 03:12 BST (UK) »
Tiani, why don't you post names here that you think are your link to John - only mentioning those deceased - and we can most likely assist with tracing it backwards for you.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 21 August 17 03:37 BST (UK) »
This tree is very spacey, and I do not have much info. But I am more than happy to post what I know/have been told.  :)
From most recent to oldest:

Una Bowman (their marriage date is known, but I have not been told it yet. So is Una's birthdate, but that also has not been told me yet).

Una was the daughter of Albert Victor Bowman (b.1903 Orange, nsw) and Mildred Evelyn nee Sollars (1910 England-1998)

Albert was the son of John Bowman (1866 Bathurst-1933??) and Rebecca nee Shepherd 1872 Orange - 1909).

John was the son of William Bowman and Rebecca Bendall.

Their known children (as I was told) are:
Mary, William, Sarah, and John

They actually match up with the births that one of you ladies found, which is interesting.

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 21 August 17 03:41 BST (UK) »
Apparently, Rebecca Bendall may have also used the surname Bindal. That is just a rumor though.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 21 August 17 03:48 BST (UK) »
Do you have proof that Edward and Una are deceased. If not you will need to remove their names.

Jamjar