Author Topic: Mystery: William Bowman NSW  (Read 11741 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery: William Bowman NSW
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 13:10 BST (UK) »
A typing slip.
Read instead 1899 and all will be clear
Sue

Editing to clarify
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 24 August 17 00:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for ALL your help. I am really excited by what everyone is finding out. I am very interested to see who this William Bowman is who was looking for Rebecca. . . .

I have a terrific flue at the moment, so I have not been doing much research, but I enjoy reading what you are all finding out. When I am well I will have lots of fun!! ;D

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 24 August 17 08:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for ALL your help. I am really excited by what everyone is finding out. I am very interested to see who this William Bowman is who was looking for Rebecca. . . .

I have a terrific flue at the moment, so I have not been doing much research, but I enjoy reading what you are all finding out. When I am well I will have lots of fun!! ;D

Please do keep in mind the info I posted at reply #42.    I am concerned that without first obtaining the information from the Anglican church registers for the marriage of John BOWMAN and Rebecca SHEPHERD in 1889, you actually have no confirmation of that particular John BOWMAN’s parents ... the dots are not yet taking you back to that newspaper cutting in 1857.   

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Friday 25 August 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
Yes, I am planning on contacting the Anglican Church registrars as soon as I am a bit better.
Thank you very much for your help, as I would never have known to contact that particular registrar otherwise.

Tiani

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Friday 25 August 17 00:55 BST (UK) »
I'm still a bit new to all this . . . I'm wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I went to this website:
http://www.bathurstanglican.org.au/Default.aspx?PageID=2890193&A=SearchResult&SearchID=10612628&ObjectID=2890193&ObjectType=1

But i did not know if this was where I asked about family history related things, at the same time I could not find anything on the website that did relate to it.

Is it the wrong website? Or do I just email through that contact page and see what happens?? ;)

Thank you!
Tiani

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Friday 25 August 17 01:12 BST (UK) »
I'm still a bit new to all this . . . I'm wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I went to this website:
http://www.bathurstanglican.org.au/Default.aspx?PageID=2890193&A=SearchResult&SearchID=10612628&ObjectID=2890193&ObjectType=1

But i did not know if this was where I asked about family history related things, at the same time I could not find anything on the website that did relate to it.

Is it the wrong website? Or do I just email through that contact page and see what happens?? ;)

Thank you!
Tiani

I'd start with an email to the Bishops Registrar at the address given on that page.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Tiani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Friday 25 August 17 01:41 BST (UK) »
Ok, thank you Jamjar! ;D
Tiani

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Friday 25 August 17 06:26 BST (UK) »
Yes  :)

I have just checked NSW BDM online info

"From 1856 to 1951: records are mostly digital reproductions of handwritten entries in registers. Where ink is faded or the record deteriorated, this is converted to computer format. Many marriage registers, particularly 1856 - 1890's, don't show all the details which the church may still record. Some entries were updated based on information from church societies. "

and

The Registry's records from these years are not complete and it can be worthwhile for genealogists to contact the relevant church to find details missing from a marriage certificate

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/registry-records.aspx

BUT they still don't note that the Church records are not 'public' records. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Friday 25 August 17 07:53 BST (UK) »
I am 'speculating' .... I have been trying to find "all" NSW possibles for John BOWMAN, born 1866, as a son of William ... and I think there's at least TWO lads born in 1866 in NSW ... one met a tragic death in 1902 ...

There is a burial in the Anglican section of Baradine Cemetery for a John BOWMAN who died 23 June 1902. Aged 36.  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVBX-MTWV
Tragic accident : http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/157698790  Mudgee Guardian 3 July 1902

From the NSW BDM online index that chap’s parents are recorded on the death cert as William and Mary.  #8918, registered Coonabarabran district.

May I note that at NSW BDM online there’s a baptism indexed for 1866, Volume 121B, line 4331, John, son of William and Mary BOWMAN. 

That 1866 baptism may well be a red herring, as there’s a birth registered at Bathurst that is noted in the Opening Post:  John, son of William and Rebecca BOWMAN #5416, and it is entirely possible that neither of those lads was the groom in the 1889 marriage. 

The 1902 burial at Baradine Cemetery could be either of those lads born in 1866, or may be someone born interstate or overseas. 

I have not found William BEAMAN  ::)  ::)  ::)

ADD, yes the Obit posted earlier on this thread clearly shows John BOWMAN's birth as Evan's Plains, near Bathurst, and his age as 67 and he died in 1933.  :) http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/99237315

JM.