Author Topic: Death at Sea Records  (Read 498 times)

Offline mowsehowse

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death at Sea Records
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 15:08 BST (UK) »
Have you done any work on the 6 siblings?
There is a possibility a clue regarding Bryan might turn up while checking them out, might be god father to nephews/nieces perhaps...... and you have looked for a Will of course.  ;)

Was he the first son as he was given his father's name? (Though, don't know how that helps!!)
Rowse in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline althomoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Death at Sea Records
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 09:37 BST (UK) »
I have made some good progress on this ancestor in the last week. I have spent about 7 years trying to find information on him. The more experience I got searching other ancestors led me to finding more information on Bryan.

I have found almost every detail of Bryan's life now:
  • Parents
  • Birth date
  • Baptism Date
  • Possible Uncles on his Mothers side (Godparents)
  • Naval Service Records
  • Census Records
  • Marriage Record
  • Birth of Daughter Record
  • Birth of Son Record sent by the Parish Priest of where his Son was baptised
The only things I can't find is how/where/when he died? and Pension Records (which will probably answer the previous questions)

It is logical he died between June 1915 and 1921
His wife/widow remarried in January 1922. Given that they were Catholic I would imagine his wife mourned for at least a year before she remarried.
Moore, Kiernan, O' Sullivan, O' Connor
Other names I know of are:
O' Shea, O' Leary, Guilfoyle (Kilfoyle), Davis, Barrett, O' Neil, McKenna, Donlon, Flanagan, Lynn and McLoughlan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.