Author Topic: Death at Sea Records  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death at Sea Records
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 15:08 BST (UK) »
Have you done any work on the 6 siblings?
There is a possibility a clue regarding Bryan might turn up while checking them out, might be god father to nephews/nieces perhaps...... and you have looked for a Will of course.  ;)

Was he the first son as he was given his father's name? (Though, don't know how that helps!!)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline althomoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Death at Sea Records
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 09:37 BST (UK) »
I have made some good progress on this ancestor in the last week. I have spent about 7 years trying to find information on him. The more experience I got searching other ancestors led me to finding more information on Bryan.

I have found almost every detail of Bryan's life now:
  • Parents
  • Birth date
  • Baptism Date
  • Possible Uncles on his Mothers side (Godparents)
  • Naval Service Records
  • Census Records
  • Marriage Record
  • Birth of Daughter Record
  • Birth of Son Record sent by the Parish Priest of where his Son was baptised
The only things I can't find is how/where/when he died? and Pension Records (which will probably answer the previous questions)

It is logical he died between June 1915 and 1921
His wife/widow remarried in January 1922. Given that they were Catholic I would imagine his wife mourned for at least a year before she remarried.
Moore, Kiernan, O' Sullivan, O' Connor
Other names I know of are:
O' Shea, O' Leary, Guilfoyle (Kilfoyle), Davis, Barrett, O' Neil, McKenna, Donlon, Flanagan, Lynn and McLoughlan