Author Topic: bishop  (Read 910 times)

Offline linda lee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
bishop
« on: Sunday 20 August 17 18:36 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out any info on my gggrandfather Arthur bishop he was born 1800  he had a daughter regina with Catharine Mitchell 1835 he then married Catharine Kelly 1841 leeds England had 2 daughters Catharine ann  would love to find any info about him

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: bishop
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 August 17 18:41 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out any info on my gggrandfather Arthur bishop he was born 1800  he had a daughter regina with Catharine Mitchell 1835 he then married Catharine Kelly 1841 leeds England had 2 daughters Catharine ann  would love to find any info about him

Religion? Does the 1841 marriage list his father's name and occupation? Did he or daughter Regina live until 1911?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: bishop
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 17:52 BST (UK) »
1841 English Census in Leeds says he was born Ireland (aged 40) with three children living with him -- John, aged 15, born Yorkshire; Jane, aged 13, born Yorkshire, and Mary, aged 9, born Yorkshire.  All of the kids work in a flax mill.

By the time of the 1851 census, he is alone in Nottinghamshire, aged 54. And by 1861, he is married to Catherine Kelly, living in Nottinghamshire, with daughters, Catherine and Ann, aged 16 and 15. 

You should be able to find his marriage record in about 1841-45 in England which should at least give you his father's name.